BY ANAMIKA ROY
For those of us still reeling from that incredible season two finale, one of the most exciting fall season premieres is finally here! If that’s not enough motivation for you to cancel your Tuesday night plans (which really, who has plans on a Tuesday night?) and set your DVR for tonight’s episode, here are some reasons why you should do that right now.
1. Again, THAT FINALE. The 22-minute homage to Nora Ephron reminded us that romantic comedies are not dead, they have just been brought to the small screen under the care of the fabulous Mindy Kaling.
2. Season two was the makeover the show desperately needed after a disappointing first season. The show was missing characters that we cared about that were *GASP* funny. But Mindy remedied that and we found what we needed in grown-up frat star Peter Prentice.
3. If there’s one thing Mindy got right from Day 1, it was getting her famous showbiz friends on board with the show. We have been treated to some great and not-so-great cameos in the past two years from BJ Novak to Ellie Kemper to James Franco (ugh). Season three is not going to disappoint as rumor has it, the queen of Thursday nights Shonda Rhimes is going to make an appearance this season. All we need now is Olive Pope. What’s that Olivia?
4. Whenever I’m having a bad day, I take a break and watch this.
The TV rumor mill says we can expect more musical numbers from Danny this season. Still waiting on a Bollywood dance session though, Mindy. Maybe we can save that for when he meets your parents.
5. I’ll admit, Morgan definitely grew on me last season. It’s true Ike Barinholtz’s character needed some work, but his chemistry with Peter was spot on last season and I can’t wait to see more. Not sure what I’m talking about? Remember this?
“The Mindy Project” airs on FOX at 9:30/8:30c after “New Girl.” Don’t forget to check out Binge Central’s roundtable later this week discussing the premiere!